Wednesday, May 7, 2008

go outside quietly

I so have the biggest crush ever on Africa...

the other day i came up with an idea that i think is totally Brill ant, but first some background information.
Hands at work has a goal to reach 100,000 OVC's by 2010, this is a HUGE goal, but Hands believes that God gave them this goal and that through him all things and possible.
so we pray lots about reaching this goal and we pray for all the project leaders and stuff and I've always loved prayer and when people prayed for me and how prayer can just connect people, like before i came to Africa after reading Laura's book i prayed for 3 people, Stanley Winny and Themba almost every day, now Stanley and i work together its a pretty cool experience.
ANYWAY the other day when i was talking to my sister as we where saying goodbye i was like "Zoey can you please pray for the forward students? they are starting their exams now" and she was like "for sure" and the more i thought about prayer, the more i was thinking about how cool it would be to set a person from home up with a specific person from here to be prayed for, so that's what I'm going to do.

I already have a list going of people who i want to link together but there are many others who would be encouraged by a friend in Canada praying for them, I'm setting up this little packages with the persons picture and a part of there story (some of you already have them coming in the mail!) I believe prayer is very important and i think praying for someone real that you know there story can help you be a part of whats going in in Africa.

so i would like everyone who wants a person to pray for to please email me (reflectwhatyoubelieve@hotmail.com), and please make sure i have your mailing address so i can send you the little package.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woahhh this is a REALLY brilliant idea, I love it! You're such a genius Lacey. I'm so proud of you =) And if you haven't sent me one of those packages by mail already, you know you can count on me! Love you lots, talk to you soon!!

May 10, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home