Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Got the best of me

this past week has been full of "is this seriously my life? am i actually here moments?"
one when i was sitting on a little hill with a cool guy named elvis eating lemons right off a tree, one when i was driving in the back of a truck with 10 guys from the building team right after they won there soccer game, one when i was being addressed as "sister" by people i've never met.

Yesturday was a very intresting and lovely day for me. I was able to go out with the OVC corridnater who's name is jabolela (jabo for short) her name means happy and she is absolutely that.
We made a visit in the morning and then came home for lunch, when we went out in the afternoon she told me we would be visiting a home where 2 orphanes lived, a little girl and a little boy, they where staying with there aunty who had 6 of her own children, when we arrived there where 4 children there, they where grinding corn to make maize meal. like in many situation the children where kind of stand offish around the "malungo" (white person) but after sitting there for a few minutes the little boy came close to me and we shook hands and then he crawled up into my lap and he pulled my arms around him because he wanted me to hug him, and that is the moment when my heart broke, the grandmother of these two children had been stealing their food parcel and there grant money, but i was just so struck at how much he just wanted to be loved and i automatically just think about how he doesnt have a mom or a dad to just hold him and love him and tell him he is adorable that that he means the world to them. and after he went to jabo and told her that he loved me....

when i got home yesturday night i couldnt stop thinking about him and i think it hit me hardest when i was trying to sleep because i was thinking "this isnt a story i heard, this isnt off some childrens right actavating website...i held him in my arms, he was a very real little boy who i hugged tightly"
Then i asked God to never ever let me become indifferent to these situation, i dont know if some people do but i asked God to just break my heart over and over,i never want to forget what that feels like, to know i am holding a child who just wants love and who doesnt have it.
but Ngi na themba (i have hope)
i always need to remind myself that God DOES have a plan, he is with that little boy, i'm just going to pray that the little boy knows it to

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know even when I work at Gymtastics, I get all these different kids giving me so much love I just don't understand it. Some of these kids hop in your lap, give you kisses and you've never met them before!
It's weird, hey? Well at least for me.

It sounds neat to hang out and eat lemons from a tree. Too bad people don't do that in Calgary. Haha.

April 28, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home