Monday, February 25, 2008

14 past my window

Hello Children

wow my first post from Africa, i cant believe I'm here.
The flights went well, nothing bad went down at all, my 7 hour lay over in London was brutal! but not as brutal as the 9 hour wait for my bus in Johannesburg.

I haven really had a chance to journal yet and that mixed with my jet lag is making this post a little hard to write.

the campus where i am staying at is really beautiful, there are like flowers and trees and stuff, I live in a place called "west mount cottage" with four other people, there is Laura and Dustin from Canada, Dara from the states and callan from south Africa.
Honestly I'm feeling very "odd man out" because the other two girls know each other and share a room and the guys are...guys? and are hanging out and getting to know each other and then there is me, BUT it will get better, i am still in my little "to shy to quite" stage so I'm sure once i start talking it will get better.

weird thing happened today...we went into town to buy groceries and....that was my first time shopping for myself....my first(stressful!) time grocery shopping was in Africa....weird! so i kept the receipt to like scrap book or something, i only bought enough for the next two days because on Thursday!!!! we are going to live in the community with a orphange headed household (which means a house run by someone who doesnt have parent and are taking care of there siblings....intense) so I'm pretty dang excited for that. i will be there till Tuesday and yeah its going to be awesome (please note people who are expecting calls from me you will have to wait till after that)

so i guess there isn't a lot to write about seeing as today is only technically my first day....
tonight we have been invited up to the farm for dinner and a movie so that will be cool, tomorrow is a HIV training day, wesnday there is small group in the morning and then community prep in the afternoon and then on Thursday we are off to the community.

oh i have a sweet story! so I'm talking to my roommates "oh do we want music" and we like rig up my thing and plug it in and start listening to music and then we hear a loud pop....so I'm pretty sure my ipod dock is broken :( but yeah not sure.

so thats all...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahhaha Lacey, oh Lacey I miss you already! So you are officially IN Africa and it still hasn't hit you? That's crazy. It probably will when you go to the orphanage households though.. I'm so impressed with everything you're doing! I'm not one of the people expecting a call am I? Cause .. well if not, then can I be on the second round of people? Haha I REQUEST! So what did you end up doing on those 7 and 9 hour breaks? Did you do a lot of browsing around the airport? Also what's the temperature there? Do they use celcius or fahrenheit? Haha sorry for the dumb questions. Anywho, I look forward to your next posts! =) Love you Lacey!!

February 25, 2008 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Lacey!
I'm glad you had a somewhat good flight. Haha.

That's exciting that you went grocery shopping! Hahaha. I haven't actually grocery shopped for myself either yet. I'm pretty excited for when I do.

Well I'm excited for future entries!

February 26, 2008 at 12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does the adapter work for the electrical plugs???? dad

February 26, 2008 at 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lacey!!!! I didn't say goodbye to you, but I hope you love your time.
I'll pray for you lots.

Julia

February 28, 2008 at 5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You,ve pushed your Mom into the Email,Blog age.I printed your Blog for Oma ,she loves .Dosen't realy get it but ,loves it.We can't wait until your next one.Grandma is the offical blog checker for the whole gang. Keep them comeing Lacey .Love you Lacey,Mom

March 4, 2008 at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home