Saturday, May 3, 2008

everywhere i look

another day another blog.
The past two months i have really realized how much "of my generation" i really am, cause when every something worth anything happens im like "im totally blogging about this"

I realize my blogs can be kind of heavy so i was thinking about like all the things i love about south africa and stuff and yeah i thought i would write about that.

I love that when we drive through masoyi everyone waves and smiles, i love saying "yebo" drawn out and in two slylabals and trying to learn siswati, i(usually) love how everytime i sit down in the community someone does my hair, i love having grilled cheese sandwiches for breakfast, i love the way africans sing, i love how the people i am around are REAL, i love sending snail mail,I love how my siwati name is "Tsandza" which means love, I love listening to my friend stanley laugh because his laugh is hilarous, i love how our house is like comfortable with each other, I love going to induna adventures with the youth group here and seeing these youth get a day to just like be teenagers and play and hang out (we did a huge zipline and i was terrified and screaming and i will forever be mocked because of it), I love spening time in the youth meetings because i dont know if i have ever been so impressed, these kids totally respect and trust each other they act so mature, giving everyone a chance to speak and listen, I know for a fact that they are going to change there community for the better. I loved going to st.johns which is a children hostile, i loved how the nuns that work at st.johns say that she truly believes that the children who live there (27 of which are HIV positive)DO have a future, they arent just creating a comfortable place for them to die, they are creating a home for these beautiful children, i love how when i was in canada i thought winking at people was like the creepist thing you could do and now its like all i do, i love how i can eat pup now when before i was kind of ignorant about it, i love how when people ask me how old i am and i say 18 they are all like SOOO shocked, i love how the other day Dara, laura, Callan and myself smelled dustans pillow, i love when dara and laura send me "sms"(texts) saying "i miss you" when im away from them for like...a hour. I love how all the youth know who my sister is cause i always talk about her, i dont particularly love but find kind of funny how when we play silly games the youth try to do things just to embarras me, i love how things just come together.I love how i feel i am learning more about who i am. I love how God is SOO present here.


I love my life here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm happy you're happy! (I don't know if I could have said that in a lamer way, but it doesn't seem to matter.)


Wait.
Are you saying winking isn't creepy over there?! That would take some getting used to, haha!

Oh Lacey, you make me want to have an adventure like this for myself.

May 4, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home