Monday, June 23, 2008

one can of chickpeas

i walk up to a counter and i get a confused look before i even open my mouth the clerk demands "where are you from?"

"um...canada...why?"

"cause a white south african would NEVER have dreadlocks"





~ ~ ~ ~

My heart it totally stirring,Africa is amazing so amazing that i dont often have time to blog but i hope that everyone is still praying for me and for the people i've set them up with.

This week we are having camps with some of our youth and im so excited!
But this week is also full of alot of comings and goings, Dan Johns who has been with hands for a while and who is actually from WKC and with sojourners (so we odviously have some stuff in common) is leaving and his farewell was full and tears and major inspiration...he has deeply touched lives here and i hope God uses me in the same way.
Mary my roomate and good friend for the past two months is also leaving, it will be sad to see her go :(

but we are getting many new people so thats exciting as well.
thats all i really have time for right now but check back in the next few days!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do I spy a sunburn on your face???
Lol!
But it's rad you have dreads again! I do think you should have always had them.

Keep living life up! =)

June 25, 2008 at 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to know were you come up with the titles? I just love then ,my girl.I do like the dreads,and the insite that you always share. more pics please! love you, Girlie

June 26, 2008 at 8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi daja the dreads look great
I am going away again this weekend so I will try to call you
I love you
dad

June 27, 2008 at 3:40 PM  
Blogger mesaieux said...

YAY!!! DREADS!!! I AM SO GLAD YOU GOT THEM BACK!!!

July 3, 2008 at 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home