Monday, January 12, 2009

the wind and the rain

(When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.

But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."

"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."

"Come," he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.) (matt 14:27-19)


you see....Jesus doesn't tell Peter "wait peter till you are better...till you know more scripture, till you've preached to more people, till you've stopped sinning, till you are better"
He doesn't say to Peter "Peter this is how i am going to keep you safe, this is the science/ the magic of what i will do to help you walk on this water"

He says "Come"

I want to go...I'm so ready to just follow....
I don't care about going to school, having a career and stability...i just want to Go.
But i want to Go the way God wants...i want to walk beside Jesus as i go and i just don't know how to hear him....

I have the opportunity to stay in Africa till July i just don't know if its the right thing....I have an opportunity to go a stay with a really cool community of faith in Philly, i have an opportunity to go home and apply to go to school to become a social work....but what does Jesus want from me?

I need prayer cause i don't know what to do...

I'm so open to do whatever!
and i am also so content with my life...I've never trusted God more....he knows my needs before i do and he has totally taken care of me....

anyway...Friends if God hands your my road map please pass along the directions...

2 Comments:

Blogger redhead said...

I think you are more connected to God than anyone I know, so if you get anyone else's road maps then you should pass them along!! ;) I miss you so much!

January 14, 2009 at 2:51 AM  
Blogger Kristal Dawn said...

Okay.. I teared. I miss you and cannot wait to hash this stuff out with you. Only a few more days. I will pray for your decision. I love you.

January 17, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home