Saturday, December 1, 2007

somethings missing

I think probably one of the greatest things I was shown in vancouver and one of the greatest lessons i am still in the process of learning, its love for community, i love people, i truely do love the people im friends with and stuff, but the YWAM staff has this love for there whole city and specifically the community of commercial drive.
But see i cant just take what they do and say "i love my community to, so i'll do they stuff they do here" because i really want to KNOW my community before i start doing the stuff they do, Free hugs did give me a hand in starting to know some people in kennsington, whenever im down there i talk to mike and his group of punk friends, i almost got up my nerve to talk to the hot guy i met down there but instead i just sat and looked at him because i was to scared to talk.

so heres my deal i love what kennsington is, i love the feel of community there, but now the question is whats the next step? how do i get to know more people down there and how do i love kennsington as a whole? and is this to big a undertaking to do before feburary and is it kinda lame to try and learn and love a community and then peace out for a year?

much thought much thought.
(ps happy Birthday yesturday Ted)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think I get what you mean.
It's like I love going downtown, walking down Stephen's Ave.
Sometimes if I have spare time at school, I just take the train down an walk around. I just love the feeling, and looking around at people and what's happening. The way everything looks, and where everyone's going.
I'm not really interested in meeting the people there though, hahaha.

Oh! Everyone's been going up to me telling me about the I saw you thing in FFWD haha it made me happy and everyone else was so excited

December 2, 2007 at 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home